Some of life's best moments happen around the Kitchen Table. After dinner is put away, my kitchen table becomes my work space to record life's memories.

Friday, March 7, 2014

Julie's second anniversary blog hop



It has been a while since my last post.    My friend, Julie Odil, is having a blog hop to celebrate her second blogaversary.  When she invited me to participate,  I couldn't say no!   If you just happened upon my post today, be sure to start at the beginning on Julie's page.

The theme of the blog hop is friendship.  For me, scrapping and friendship go hand in hand.  One of my favorite things to do is to go to crops with friends.    There is so much sharing going on.  We share stories, ideas, techniques, and supplies.  

The last crop I went to, my friend, Kim, was working on a mosaic.  I had seen them before but I hadn't paid close attention to how it's done. Instead of using nice, straight lines,  I am more of the "throw it on the page haphazardly and hope it sticks_ kind of girl.   She was using a kit from Tami Potter.  It looked like so much fun, she let me try.  It was fun, easy, and the results were amazing!   I may have to invest in some of Tami's kits.



Kim had this kit in her stash for a few years and had dug it out for her projects. It's so much fun dig old things out of your stash and make them new again.    Thank you, Kim, for sharing yourself with me! 



Julie has gathered some awesome prizes for her blog hop.  She will pick random winners who comment throughout the hop, so the more blogs you comment on, the more chances you have to win!  In order to be eligible from my blog, comment about something you recently shared or received from a friend to complete a project.  Then hop over to Polly's page to continue the hop.  

Check out the blog hop prizes! - 
2 $10 gift certificates from Unity Stamp Company (donated by Unity!)
3 sets of winner's choosing from The Cutting Cafe (donated by Regina Easter)
A ribbon bundle from 3 Girl JAM
Timeless Twine -- Rainbow Party Pack
Close To My Heart Stamp Set
Close To My Heart Stamp Set
$15 Pinque Peacock gift certificate (donated by Jessica Shelton-Buffa)
Embossing folders (2)
 2 $25 Gift certificates for My Scrap Chick store (donated by My Scrap Chick)
Websters' Pages 6x6 Sweet Notes pad, an embellishment set and a Websters Pages Stamp set, plus a Unity Cloud background stamp -- donated by Lucy Evans



42 comments:

  1. A mosaic layout? How fantastic! thanks for joining the hop and being my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice for your first mosaic! I've done them before but not often. I'm jealous of Kim, getting to scrap with you ;-) Maybe in 2015

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a fun idea to create a mosaic layout! :)
    Great to be hopping with you today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout - love the geometric look of it.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel. It's good to "see" you! Your layout is so awesome! I have seen those mosaics and have shied away from them, even though they look so cool! Unfortunately, I haven't been to a crop in quite a while. Life, work and health issues have prevented me. I am also trying to purge my office and eventually the ever dreaded basement so that I can bring my craft room upstairs. I am trying to get together with my cropping buddy in April-fingers crossed!
    Are there any plans/dates for another Midwest crop weekend? If so, let me know the dates so I can plan ahead with my work schedule. Message me on FB through CC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!! Great layout! Love the mosaic!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whst a cool layout! Don't have such a long dryspell between posts, lol. Love to be inspired. ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You post as often as I do!!! Great project too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful layout, and the mosaic effect is gorgeous. So lovely to stop by today and to be in this hop with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cool layout ... love the mosaic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool layout. It is fun to do a mosaic one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative layout!! I liked the effect of the mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mosaics are fun, great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the window frames over the pictures. Clever idea. And they make great pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to answer your question My granddaughter brought me 6 empty toilet paper rolls yesterday. I had some rolls, threw them away when they didn't work for a project, then started another project and needed rolls but didn't have any - because clean-freak had thrown them away. I'll put these away for the next time I need empty rolls.

      Delete
  15. Fantastic LO! Looks like it was a lot of work. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rachel this is so cool. I have seen you scrap and it is not hap hazard. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the mosaic page you made!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, I've received help from a friend to complete a crafting project! That's the best! Thanks for sharing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your layout! That is such a cool technique! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My grandson made me a card in nursery class & on have it on my fridge for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great layout, looks like it was a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's really interesting. Have never seen a mosaic page layout. And a pumpkin patch ... what FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fun layout! Love that mosaic tile look,it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is really great idea! The results are stunning. I agree - it's always fun to go along to scrapping and card making events with friends. SO much more fun that way.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love scrapbooking! that is how I got started in this crafty world!! I love your mosaic style on your LO!! awesome work lady! I have a friend that I have meet on FB and have become crafting buddies and we try to get together at least once a month, I wish it was more but we have to travel to get to each other about a 2 1/2 hour one way trip. But everytime we see each other , we bring each other some stash to play with. She recently gave me some sequins that I'm using on my Unity Stamp GIU week project.
    Paula Driver
    faithful2god_2000@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I was inspired by my husband who bought me a cameo to make labels with. I learned so much more lol. Your pitcher inspires me too. Love your work

    ReplyDelete
  27. I haven't tried that technique but I really want to great project

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really wish I could get myself back into scrapbooking. I've been stuck in greeting card mode for a LONG time…you've inspired me with your awesome mosaic page! {{Happy to be hopping/celebrating along with you for Julie's blogoversary this weekend!}}

    ReplyDelete
  29. I don't think I have ever seen a mosaic scrapbook page. They are wonderful. Thanks for sharing Tami's page. I think this is something that I want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the project! It brought back childhood memories for me - I grew up in Missouri and we used to go to an Eckert's apple orchard all the time! Fun times!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the look of these kits! Very pretty layouts!
    I got a punch from a friend and used it on my Mom's birthday card. It made a beautiful border!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey you! It's so great to see you blogging again (although I'm horrible at keeping up with it myself, LOL)! You did such a GREAT job on this mosaic thing!!! Hmmm, I can't recall the latest thing shared with me to finish a project, but I can tell you that my mom & I share everything crafty. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great pages, I love using the grids over pictures. It's such a unique effect for a page. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful to Celebrate Julie's Blog Hop and the last thing i received of a dear friend's are some paper's-ribbon's-pins
    Dianne x

    ReplyDelete
  35. I cant see the pictures...could be my computer though.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Nope, I can't see the pictures either? Hmmm....but I bet they're fabulous! momtojeb at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I cannot see the pictures either, I will stop back again because I cannot wait to see your project, I am sure it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Can't see the pictures but I am sure they are amazing

    ReplyDelete